SAP Announces Free Development Training on Hana Open Online Course. Course starts from May 27th. Please follow the link to register https://open.sap.com/
Warm-Up: In-Memory Data Management by Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Müller
Course Summary : While the first openSAP course, Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA, is intended as an introductory class for software developers who are new to SAP HANA, it makes sense for course participants to obtain an understanding of the fundamental concepts of in-memory data management before the course starts.
If you have taken the openHPI course on the topic that was delivered by Prof. Hasso Plattner in 2012, you will be good to go. If you have not attended this course or similar training programs on in-memory data management, we recommend that you use this summary of Prof. Plattner’s lectures as a warm-up exercise. The summary was prepared by Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Müller (HPI) and is exclusively available on openSAP.
- Unit 1: The Future of Enterprise Computing
- Unit 2: Foundations of Database Storage Techniques
- Unit 3: In-Memory Database Operators
- Unit 4: Advanced Database Storage Techniques
- Unit 5: Foundations for a New Enterprise Application Development Era
Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA by Thomas Jung
Course Summary : SAP HANA is an in-memory data platform that is deployable as an appliance or in the cloud. At its core, it is an innovative in-memory relational database management system that makes full sense of the capabilities of current hardware to increase application performance, to reduce cost of ownership, and to enable new scenarios and applications that were not possible before.
- Week 1: Developing Applications for SAP HANA
- Week 2: Database Tasks, Loading, and Modeling
- Week 3: SQLScript Basics
- Week 4: Exposing and Consuming Data with OData
- Week 6: SAP HANA Advanced Development Options