For those that are considering an IT Certification, they may have found that there are several types to choose from. Before deciding on a particular IT Certification, it is important to know what choices are available to you as well as what will be included in each of the types.
Following is a list of the types of certification that are available. From here, you will be able to determine the subsets and specifics of what type of training is best for you. This will help you to gain mastery in a particular type of technology.
1. ERP. This is an abbreviation for Enterprise Resource Planning. ERP will benefit you in several areas. The first place that it will focus on is using technology in order to market your skills. From here, it will teach you how to use tools for things such as increasing sales as well as manufacturing and productivity. ERP will also have planning software available to take stress off of your ideas for resource planning. Business managers will like ERP for the uses of inventory, orders, customer service, finances and human resources. This is available for both those who are just beginning as well as those who would like to get more advanced knowledge in relation to technology and resources.
2. Graphics. There are several types of programs that you can become certified in with graphics. These will help you to draw charts, tables and art in a more effective way. By knowing how to use technology for graphics, you will be able to produce a presentation that will be eye catching and effective. From here, you will learn which types of programs and software are the best to use, as well as be able to use printers and other types of external devices to get the right look for your presentation.
3. Project Management. You will often see this abbreviated as PM, or PMP. Usually, this will be divided into sub-groups to help with those wanting to focus on a certain area. Technology can help you in finding a way to plan an initiate a project that a company needs. It can also help to control the project while it is being implemented. At the end of a specific project, technology can help to gather the required information to close the deal. Usually, PM will require more time than other certifications, but can be beneficial for those working with a company.
4. Testing Certification. This type of certification is for those that are interested in finding out if other types of technology are working. They will be used to make sure that the codes that are working for software and computer programs are properly functioning. From here, specific developments and required changes can be made either by the company or the individual. There are several types of testing certifications that you can get, each which will allow you to work in a different field. This includes everything from quality management to analysts of the software.
5. Training Certification. If you have received several other certifications, or are interested in teaching your specific technical knowledge, then you will need to get a certificate for training. By passing a test to become a trainer, it will allow you to have the credentials needed to teach others about the software and allow them to become certified. Usually, training certifications are best when you are familiar with several types of information technology systems.
6. Web Certification. There are several types of web certification available for those that are interested in this area. This includes everything that can be used on the Internet. Databases that you can use online as well as website development are available. From this type of certification, you can qualify yourself as a webmaster. If you decide that this is the area that you will want to focus on, then you will need to find the type of web development language you will want to focus on. Coldfusion, HTML, Dreamweaver, and several other types of programs are available for you to learn in order to develop websites.
7. Security. This is an important tool to have if you are expanding your resources that are available online or in your locality. Knowing how to use technology for security will help to prevent crime happening with your business. With this type of certification, you will be able to focus on providing technology to help with buildings. You will also be able to find security for online users, meaning that someone won’t be able to hack your information or steal your credit card online. By knowing how to have extra security and protection for an online business, you can ensure that your customers will be more satisfied with your services.
These are the major categories of IT Certification, however, there are other specific types that are available. Among these various types and categories for certification are several focuses that one can find. These are only the first of several categories that are used to define what you need. From here, you can be introduced to computer languages that are used to help with your technology.
You will also be introduced to sub-sets of tools that are popular in different areas. When you look into a particular area of interest for the type of certification that you want, then you can expect to find specific divisions in them. From here, you will also find a variety of vendors, all who offer slightly different certification materials for you to use their product specifically.
When looking into types of IT Certification, it will first be important to look into the types of available information. From here, you can begin to look into the types of language that is used as well as the vendors that offer information.
By narrowing your search for the right certification by type, you can ensure that you will get the proper training. By doing this, you will not only be ensuring that you will be able to have better work qualifications, but will also be able to understand and master the specific technology applications that are available today.