Industry associations are often considered as extra expenses without any real benefits. This is partly true since some industry associations are just there for simple representation without additional benefits. However, many industry associations are offering additional benefits. This is especially true when you are asked to join an association with an annual feel.
These are only some of the advantages you could enjoy as a member of specific industry association:
• The latest trends in the industry – this feature is offered by industry associations as a way letting their members know how to adjust to the demands as well as challenges in the industry. The method of channeling the data is usually online. Newsletters that are sent to your email or access to podcasts and online tools are used to convey the latest news about the industry.
Of course, there are also TV shows and news that could be a great source of information about the industry. Because you really can’t follow news alone, the industry association will do the news gathering and send the data you need in your email.
• Increase networks – members of industry associations are often closely knitted to each other. As a member of the industry association, you can seek their assistance for varying reasons.
Business contacts are important for every employee and employers because it will help them deal with the industry better. Facing the challenges of the industry alone could be very difficult but if you are part of the network, help is available through your network.
• Land a good job – if you have a problem in landing a job, the industry association should help you get one. This is also part of the benefits of networking as the people you know will also hire you. Because of your association, they know that you have the skills that could help them in their business.
Of course, you still have to go through the regular hiring process but because the company is already familiar with your skills and education, the chances of getting hired is high.
• Get more mentors – there will always be problems in the industry that could affect your business operation or your job. If you have a hard time answering these challenges, you can use the industry association as a source of answer. Most industry associations now have online forums wherein you can post your questions and answers from various members could be expected.
• Enjoy discounts – if you own a small business, networking could help you not only on industry information but also in posting considerable savings. Instead of purchasing the materials you need in regular pricing, your membership to the industry association will help connect to sellers that offers considerable discounts.
Being a member of an industry association will considerably help you advance in your career as well as your small business. Choose well from various associations in your area or online to receive the full benefits offered by industry associations. The small fee you’ll pay annually (or monthly) is just a small price to pay to be competitive in the industry.